|이벤트 | Call for applications: Young Ambassador Program 2016(Closed)|
The Young Ambassador Program helps you experience diplomatic career at the forefront of Northeast Asia regional cooperation.
The Young Ambassador Program (YAP) is a summer program for future leaders of China, Japan, and Korea who are passionate about international cooperation and interested in pursuing a diplomatic career. The YAP offers a range of opportunities in understanding the objectives and operation of the TCS in facilitating the trilateral cooperative efforts and welcomes your insights for future trilateral relations.
Program Duration: August 1st – 12th, 2016
Venue: Seoul & Jeju, Republic of Korea
How is the Program Organized?
YAP 2016 will be composed of three main phases: training, on-site visits, and dialogues.
· Training: introductions and special lectures will be given on various areas regarding the trilateral cooperation and the TCS, as well as international relations and multilateral cooperation. Young Ambassadors will be required to complete a team project based on the experience they obtained through the program.
· On-site visits: Young Ambassadors will visit foreign ministries, embassies, government agencies and other international organizations and have face-to-face dialogues with officials in various fields.
· Dialogues: the open dialogue will provide a platform for the participants to exchange ideas on trilateral cooperation in an open, candid manner, among themselves as well as with other international students.
Am I Eligible?
The TCS is recruiting 15-18 talented young people from China, Japan, and Korea. Applicants should meet the minimum requirement as follows:
· AGE: below 30 years
· NATIONALITY: China, Japan, and ROK nationals
· EDUCATION: College student or above in all majors.
· LANGUAGE: Must be fluent in English. Additional CJK language proficiency is preferred.
· OTHERS: Must have keen interest in Northeast Asian affairs, and willing to build international careers and work in multi-lateral environments
1. Application Form (English)
2. Statement of Purpose (maximum 2 pages) in English covering the applicant’s background and his or her motivation to participate in the YAP2016.
3. Certificate of enrollment from the current university/institution.
4. Optional – official English standardized test scores (i.e., TOEIC, TOEFL, TEPS, etc) and Korean, Japanese, or Chinese standardized test scores
Send your application form and required documents to YAP2016@tcs-asia.org by June 19, 2016. The subject of the e-mail must be in the form of “YAP2016_applicant’s name”. For inquiries, please contact Soojin Han (Ms.) at email@example.com or at +82-70-4162-5327.
· Transportation expenses: participants should cover their own airfares between Seoul and their residential areas. Transportation will be arranged for official YAP schedules when necessary, and accommodations will be covered by the TCS.
· Meals: participants should cover their own meal expenses with the exception of several official occasions including welcoming and farewell luncheon/dinner.
What are the benefits of YAP?
· Being able to work with the TCS, the first and only inter-governmental organization among china, Japan, and the ROK.
· Enhancing understanding of the trilateral cooperation among China, Japan, and the ROK
· Experiencing the multilateral and multicultural working environment
· Networking with future leaders of China, Japan, and the ROK
Attachment : YAP 2016 Application Form