The TCS is inviting qualified candidates to apply for the following position:
- General Service Staff (Secretary/Administrative Officer, G2) (Vacancy number: 2014-MGT-404)
2. JOB DESCRIPTION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Under the supervision of the Director of Management, the Secretary/Administrative Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- The secretary should have an understanding and overview of the work of the Board Members (Secretary-General and Deputy Secretaries-General) to undertake a broad range of administrative and professional support in an efficient manner. She/he shall act as the first point of contact for the Secretary-General requiring the ability to demonstrate high standards of service to a range of stakeholders including those from Ministries, Foreign Missions, international organizations, academia and private sectors.
- Core tasks & responsibilities:
- 1) Administering Secretary-General’s daily diary including scheduling to and from external meetings and visits; 2) Dealing with and responding appropriately to e-mails, invitations and phone calls; 3) Managing the day-to-day flow of information received by the Board Members and coordinating all correspondence and requests received by them; 4) Preparing authorization of Secretary-General’s official expenditure; 5) Maintaining effective information management systems including hard-copy filing of news coverage and electronic filing of personal documents (e.g. CVs, copy of IDs)
- The secretary will be a part of the Department of Management, and may also be tasked with other administrative duties within the Department for the smooth operation of the office.
- Citizens of China, Japan or ROK
- Prior working experience in similar positions highly desirable
- Proficiency in both written and oral English (working language of the TCS). Proficiency in Korean will be an asset.
- Team player who can work with people from a broad range of backgrounds and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of common computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point)
3. EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS
- (1) Starting date: January, 2014 (negotiable)
- (2) Initial contract for maximum one year including a three-month paid probationary period
- Potential to become a regular employee upon completion of the contract-based employment for 2 contract terms following a performance evaluation
- (3) Working hours: Five days a week, 40 hours per week
- (4) Annual salary rate to be applied: KRW33,300,000/year (except probation period)
- (5) Staff benefits: Social Security (National Pension, National Health Insurance, Unemployment Insurance, and Industrial Accident Insurance), retirement pension, commuter allowance, overtime pay, etc.
4. SELECTION PROCESS
- (1) 1st round: Application review
- (2) 2nd round: Interview for the applicants who pass the first round
- Applicants who pass the first round will be individually notified with the date, method and location of the interview.
5. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- (1) Employment Application Form (attached form)
- (2) A self-introduction letter in English (the letter should be no more than two pages. In this letter, please indicate your work experience in similar positions where applicable.)
- (3) Certificate of the highest level of education
- (4) Official English standardized test scores (e.g. TOEIC, TOEFL, TEPS, etc.) if available; (If applicable, Chinese, Japanese or Korean standardized test scores (optional))
6. HOW TO APPLY
- (1) Application should be submitted by email to email@example.com.
- (2) Application Period: 2014.12.04 ~ 2014.12.14
- The subject of the email must state, “TCS application_name_vacancy number”
- Applications which have been submitted will not be returned, and admission may be revoked if the information on the application form is deemed to be false
- (3) Applicants to Vacancy number 2014-MGT-401 (selection process still ongoing as of this announcement) who have not yet been contacted may elect to apply separately to this position if they are interested.
If you have any other inquiries, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.